Earlier this June (June 3rd and 4th), I had one of the best weekends ever! I went to Governors Ball music festival with a few friends- listened to amazing live music, danced my butt off, and ate delicious food.
Here is what I learned and maybe can help out future Gov Ball goers:
- Gov Ball is incredibly organized and send you helpful emails leading up to the concert days and throughout the whole festival
- You get a wristband in the mail a few weeks prior to the festival- this is your entry into the festival
- The Gov Ball app was super helpful! You could make your own lineup and it gave you alerts to remind you about the upcoming performance
- Phone service sucked! I think it was because of the amount of people there. Not sure, but posting on social media or even texting was a pain.
- Definitely take a portable phone charger!!!
- Things to take:
- Empty water bottle- free water inside the festival
- Portable phone charger
- Tylenol or other pain relief and band aids- never know if you'll get a headache or hurt yourself.
- Deodorant or body spray- you'll be dancing, and sweating. No body wants to smell that
- Cross body bag or backpack. Somehow things add up and you need the space
- Light jacket. At night, the temperatures dropped. It was also nice to have when I got soaked
- Umbrella or poncho. Mother nature can be a bit moody and just decide to downpour
- Governors Ball was really great about compensation for the third day being cancelled. So do not worry about getting ripped off
- For more info go here
See some festival inspired posts here