As I grow older (eeekk) and wiser, I have made some amazing purchases that I think every twenty-six year old woman should own. I have learned a lot of about my style throughout the years- it has changed a lot. I've learned about what I really need, what is actually worth investing in, and what not to spend money on. Through that journey, I have also purchased a lot of crappy items. The purchases that I regret making, have made me smarter with my future purchases.
I've lived a quarter of a century (man I'm starting to feel old) and I've rounded up 26 fashion items that I can't live without! Everything from tops, bottoms, jewelry, to make up! Shop the links below for some of my favorites!
1. LBD- this is a classic piece that should be in every woman's closet, your or old. A little black dress can be worn to every life event. I have blogged about this several times on my blog- see posts here and here.
2. Black pointy toed pumps- another classic item that goes with everything! I love pumps that have a pointy toe because they elongate your legs. A really nice pair of leather pumps will last you years and your will wear them on repeat. I recommend getting the leather shined every few months, putting insoles for more comfort, and storing them in a fabric bag.
3. A great blazer that's fits properly- a blazer can be worn causally with jeans or to work with slacks. The fit is key to making a blazer look expensive. The blazer should sit properly on the shoulders (seam should not go over your shoulder blades), arms should hit the wrists, and you should be able to button it up without creating stretch lines.
4. White t shirt- one of my favorite things to wear! I don't spend more than $10 on my white tee shirts but I own a bunch. I love a great v-neck and crew neck shape.
5. Wool coat- a necessity during the cold winter months, a wool coat is a great investment. If you have one good coat, it will last you years. Invest in one that fits you correctly and is simple.
6. Leather motto jacket- after years of spending $50 here and there on faux leather jackets, I finally spent good money on a real quality one and it was so worth it! Today, there are so many great faux leather options but they don't always last. Tip- wait until the end of the winter season sale to get a great deal if you are on a budget.
7. Watch- a timepiece is a nice investment for a sophisticated arm candy. Whether it's leather or metal, it's nice to own at least one watch. Plus, you will look extra professional for interviews.
8. Black bag- this one piece will go with everything and I mean everrryythinggg. It will probably be your most worn item. I highly recommend splurging on a black bag that you will wear for years and years. Pick a style that you love the most. I love a great cross body bag!
9. Red lipstick- this is the one thing that can change a look without taking too much energy. There is a red shade that will look good on every skin tone! Just step up to a makeup counter and test a few shades out!
10. A great fitting bra- a necessity but it is worth getting a bra that you love for everyday wear. I also recommend investing in a sexy bra for yourself- it makes dressing up so much fun!
11. Go to summer shades- I have spent a ton of money of shades but somehow still prefer my cheap $10 ones. I tend to loose my sunglasses and get them scratched up. Plus, it is more fun to switch it up with every look. I think cheap sunnies can go a long way so save your pennies for something good.
12. Statement necklace- a little something that doesn't cost a lot, but can take a day look into the night.
13. Fun shoes- this one is a must for every woman! We all buy things we need but once in a while you should buy something that just makes you 100% happy just because. Shoes are my weakness (I'm sure there are many other women out there who feel the same way) and a crazy fun pink are worth the splurge once in a while.
14. Pencil skirt- this skirt style looks great on all women and can be worn to work as well as off hours. It can be dressed up or down. A must have at any price point.
15. White button up- just as important as a white t-shirt, a button up can make a look more formal but can look
16. Birkenstocks- my favorite pair of shoes I own. They have lasted me 4 years already and probably have a few more years to go. I highly recommend these shoes if you walk a lot, have foot problems, and are traveling.
17. Eyeliner for that perfect cat eye- I've been purchasing eyeliner for over 10 years new (wow! just realized counting in my head). I've been using simple drugstore brands like NYC, NYX, Elf. I think liquid eyeliner is something you can save one. It's about how you apply it that is key.
18. Floral printed dress- a pretty print is a must have in your closet!
19. Great fitting jeans- it is a struggle to find the one but when you find them, don't let them go! Matter of fact, go buy a couple of them before they discontinue them! I am a huge fan of Calvin Klien mid rise stretch denim skinny jeans or Levi Signature super stretch skinny jeans! Yup, I wear the mom jeans because they fit me perfectly. Both brands have perfected the petite woman frame and I am so thankful!
20. Black booties- another classic that is so versatile. I think investing in a great pair of comfortable leather or suede pair that you can wear with every outfit is a great asset to your wardrobe. Black booties look great with pants, skirts, and dresses.
21. Fashion sneakers- easy going yet stylish. Fashion sneakers that look just as good as heels but are ten times more comfortable are a definite win. Also, sneakers can cost less than heels! I absolutely love my Vans low tops and wear them constantly! They look cute with just about any look and can make a super fancy look cool. I love wearing them dresses!
22. Everyday tote bag- us women are known to carry the world with them. I am so guilty of that especially being on the go constantly. I love the Longchamp tote bags because they are super light and versatile. Another item that is worth the investment.
23. Leggings that you never want to take off- my personal favorite are from Express because the quality is good while being stylish. I love to wear leggings with just about everything because they are so comfy! I even wear them to work with an oversized sweater or on the weekends with a sweatshirt. It is one of the clothing items I can't live without!
24. Diamond studs- if you don't want to invest it the real jewel quite yet, there are many great fashion options. A diamond is forever and the value will remain for years to come.
25. Wallet that fits everything- I carry everything in my wallet because it's easy and has saved my life multiple times. At 26, you should have a quality wallet that isn't almost to shreds. Get organized and splurge on the little things
26. Face lotion- a simple necessity but can help do wonders on skin! I use face lotion in the morning and at night to prevent wrinkles, moisturize skin, and keep skin looking healthy. I recommend trying samples till you find the one. My skin is oily in my t-zone but can get dry during the winter so I use a gel cream. I found that Innis Free works best for me right now.
*I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post*
Photography by Ashley Gallerani