I know a lot of people say, once you graduate from high school or college, you should stop shopping at forever 21. Well, I can't completely agree with that. I'm a college graduate with a full time job but I still check out forever 21 to see if I can find that one amazing item, that doesn't look like its from forever 21! And trust me, once in a while, you hit the jackpot! Here are a few tips I've learned through my years of shopping there:
- Take a look online and see what's new before going into the store. This will save you time and have an idea of what to look for
- If you see something you like online, take a picture/print it out/ write the product sku/code down to ask a sales person
- Always do the sheer test!! If you can see your hand through the fabric, most likely the world will see your ass. Nobody wants that
- Look at mannequins. Most of the time, they put their best items on them. See how they're styled for inspiration too. But don't buy the whole outfit on the mannequin
- Make sure you try it on! If it doesn't fit, don't buy it! You'll find it somewhere else. Trust me
- If you see a minor tear that's easily fixable, make sure you ask for a discount. Forever 21 usually gives up to 10% off
- Sign up for coupons/emails. Every few months they send out a 40% off coupon. Yes I know, it can't get any cheaper!!
- Some of Forever 21's materials look cheap and are cheap. For example: polyester chiffon and some denim. Just skip on buying these pieces. They look cheap and feel even worse on.
- Shop by the section that is most your style. For example, I love their contemporary department so I look there first.
- Look through the entire rack. I've found amazing pieces that happen to be the last one remaining and it has been stuck in the corners.